ANDERSON VALLEY FIRE DEPARTMENT
P. O. Box 398
14281 Highway 128
Boonville, CA 95415
Phone (707) 895-2020, FAX (707) 895-2239
March 13, 2017
REGARDING: AVFD FIRE DEPARTMENT MECHANIC
The Anderson Valley CSD Fire Department (AVFD) is looking for a mechanic for the annual servicing and repair needs of our fire department fleet. We need an experienced mechanic who is committed to assisting AVFD keep our fire equipment and personnel safe and efficient. We recognize that our success and safety directly depends on the reliability of our equipment and those who maintain the fleet.
AVFD is a volunteer fire department that has 8 satellite stations spread throughout Anderson Valley with our main station in Boonville. We have 21 pieces of fire apparatus ranging in ages from brand new to 40+ years old. The fleet is made up of many different makes, models, sizes, and conditions.
Final Filing Date: Tuesday, April 4th at 5 PM.
- Maintains and practices safety while working
- Performs annual vehicle safety inspections.
- Performs skilled repair, maintenance, and inspection of apparatus pumps, plumbing and tanks or recommends appropriate alternative providers
- Performs regular servicing of apparatus as necessary
- Perform installation, maintenance, replacement and/or addition of code 3 equipment
- Perform installation and diagnostics of electrical circuitry for chargers, lights, etc.
- Records and documents repairs, inspection results, and annual services for FD records
- Annual fleet inspections prior to wildfire season
- Provide mobile services to apparatus throughout the district
- Orders and purchases vehicle parts
- Provide billing to the district’s General Manager on a monthly bases or as requested
- This position does not exercise any lead or supervisory responsibilities.
- Position will allow for volunteer firefighter/EMS opportunities
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications shall be submitted to AVFD in written form with a summary of qualifications and experience, rates for services, availability for service calls, any information relating to the detailed position description, and an explanation of how you can establish a quality maintenance program. Please provide 3 references with your application.
Applications can be dropped off at the AVFD Boonville Fire Station, 14281 Hwy 128 Boonville, CA or mailed in to PO 398 Boonville, CA 95415
After application are received and reviewed, AVFD will make a selection and respond to your application with the selection results. Your notification will be sent out within 2 weeks of the final filing date.
Thank you for considering this position with Anderson Valley Fire Department.
Anderson Valley Fire Department
Andres Avila –Fire Chief
Tel: (707) 895-2020